” A Texas district attorney and his wife were shot dead in the same county where an assistant prosecutor was gunned down outside a courthouse in January, the sheriff of Kaufman County, said on Sunday.
Security has been tightened for other officials after the shooting deaths of Kaufman County Criminal District Attorney Mike McLelland and his wife, Cynthia, Sheriff David Byrnes said.
Byrnes said it was not clear if there was a link between the shootings and the January slaying of Kaufman County Assistant District Attorney Mark Hasse. Hasse was shot and killed as he walked from his car to the county courthouse . “
- Texas district attorney, wife found dead – Detroit Free Press (freep.com)
- Who is killing the prosecutors in Kaufman County, Texas? (cnn.com)
- Kaufman sheriff declines to link DA’s slaying with his assistant’s (star-telegram.com)
- Kaufman County District Attorney Mike McLelland, wife found dead in Texas home (newsday.com)
- Texas DA slain in his home; had armed himself (cnsnews.com)